domenica 9 aprile 2017

Interpretive dynamics - closed vectors

Are you tired about seeing palm spins, chevaliers and same couple of noisy floppy flips over and over again? 


Yes, me too. 

Creative expression in Parkour has always been underrated and little researched. It's ok and it's understandable. Developing adaptability, discipline, efficiency and a strong body-mind connection is definitely on a higher priority in the list than flowing like water on walls and bars. However, I believe a coin has always two sides. A practitioner that does not explore both of them, ends up incomplete. Big things can happen if parkour crosses other disciplines (dance for example).


In these last few years I came in contact with many amazing people that took me out of my shell and that have shown me many ways to look at physical expression. Out of a lot of practice, thinking and many mind maps later ...interpretive dynamics was born!


Interpretive dynamics is a collection of information related to flow. This categorization though should not be seen as an accumulation of techniques, but more like a lot of principles and vectors that can guide our choices. Harmonic actions do not come from a good connection between a sum of moves, but from a good thought process that is shared throughout a sequence. It is similar to a jazz jam. A flawless technique and a sharp ear are nothing without the heart and the soul that can help merge every single note.


Basically I look for the ideas that can emerge in between a person and an environment. How many layers are out there? I say: potentially infinite.


In order to start easy, look at this video, and make up you mind about these closed vectors.
Enjoy:







I call these vectors closed since they do not open space to other possibilities, they can be only be used as a disposable notion and applied straight away, but they cannot be furthermore interpreted or used.

1. Throwing - Throw one of your extremities and let the body follow.


2. Reversing / Shadowing - Create a sequence and play it reverse.


3. Sliding - Glide with any body part on an object. Apply weight on it as you do it. Interesting dynamic balancing situations. Without speed, it does not work.


4. Gluing – (you guess)


5. Guiding – (you guess)

6. Bouncing  - (you guess)



7. Etc...

Home/Class work: 

Develop one movement sequence that combines 3 of these concepts. 
Develop one more closed vector of your choice and build up a movement sequence around it. 

Ok, that's all for now. I am going to Thailand for the movement camp to meet some of my good teachers. I will post here my impressions if I manage to survive the camp and the Thai wilderness in the days after it.

Until the next wifi,

Marcello.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento